Wednesday, June 11, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 10

Ten weeks! I'm so close you guys!

If you're new here and don't know what's going on, check out this post about the 100 Happy Days challenge! Basically, I'm taking a picture every single day of something that makes me happy, for 100 days straight. If you like, you can see my past weeks by clicking on the "100 Happy Days" button above, or clicking here! You can also follow along daily on Instagram, you know, if you can handle hearing from me that often ;)

Anyway, I have decided that after the 100 days are over, I'm going to continue this project with a couple little changes. I probably won't force myself into taking a picture every single day but I'll keep the same habits and make sure to take at least a few each week, which I'll recap as I do now. That way you won't have to see pictures of my sandwiches and other boring things anymore, hahah.

Day 65
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft

Game of the week was Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft. It's a strategy card game for PC, Mac and Ipad. Best part, it's free! You use your cards to cast spells, summon monsters and other things. It's also really simple to learn! My little brother got me hooked on it, even though I'm not very good. Pictured here is a RARE victory!


Day 66
Romeo and Juliet

This was kind of a crazy day for me. I got a call from my boss at the theatre, asking me if I would stage manage their upcoming production of Romeo and Juliet. I used to stage manage for a different company and long time ago, but these days I mostly just do tech stuff. I was excited for the offer and said yes, so she asked me to be at rehearsal that night! We'll be having rehearsals until we open next month, and at the same time I'll also be working on tech stuff for Peter Pan, so June and July are going to be crazy busy.


Day 67

Library books! Two of the books I'd ordered had arrived, so I went to go pick them up. My new apartment is literally across the street from the library, so I'll be spending even more time than usual there. Like most readers, I can't go into a library and only pick up what was on my list, and I picked up two more. The top two books were on my Summer Reading List, and are File Under: 13 Suspicious Incidents, and Songs of Willow Frost, which I already started reading! The other two books are about slow cooking and making wire jewelry - two hobbies I'm trying to get better at!


Day 68
Orange is the New Black

Even though it just came out, I feel like I'm the last person to talk about the second season of Orange is the New Black. Half of my friends already finished it all, but I'm taking my time. I think I'm on episode 9 right now (ok, I'm not taking THAT much time, but you get it). I'm totally loving it, and I'll be bummed when it's over again. No spoilers!


Day 69
Tony Awards

The Tony Awards were on Sunday! As a theatre person, I watch them every year. Whenever someone says "The Tony's," I think of that part in The Producers, from the Keep it Gay song, and they chime "Tony, Tony, Tony, Toooooony!" Hahahah.


Day 70
Heroes of the Storm

Wow, lots of screen pictures this week. I leave my apartment, I swear! Anyway, my boyfriend Andrew has been tossing around this idea to start a video game site/community, and part of it features live game streaming. He used to work in the video game industry, so games are a huge passion of his. He asked for my help setting up a blog/Facebook/Google+ and all that to get him started, so of course I said yes! When he has a bigger following we're going to set up an actual website where we can have all the content in one place, but for now I think it's a good start. Anyway, yesterday was his first "streaming" day, and he and his friend live streamed their BETA of Heroes of the Storm. BETA basically means it's a game they received for free + early for testing purposes. A MOBA stands for Multiplayer Online Battle Arena, and they decided they're going to play different ones each Monday and call it "MOBA Mondays!" We're both big fans of alliteration, hahah. I'm happy that he's picked up a side project that he's excited about, and I'm interested in seeing where this goes! He's given me access of the social media accounts, and later on I might write guest blog posts and things :)



Day 71


Reading and watermelon! I picked up this book from the library today, but it looks like I ordered the large print on accident! Oops, hahah. I like being able to sit by a window all the time; too bad it's way too hot to go outside. It's been over 100 this week, I don't even want to think about how hot it'll be in July!

and there's another week :)

17 comments:

  1. Reading and watermelon seems like the perfect afternoon to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Or reading and hard boiled eggs??! Hahah ;)

      Delete
  2. I love following your pictures on Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Pam! :D I love following your Instagram too. I didn't even start using Instagram until this year, and now I'm addicted!

      Delete
  3. I love following your pictures on Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hearthstone. It's a fun game and the WoW nerd in me loves the warcraft references. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay!! I'm playing WoW as well, I'm working on a Pandaran at the moment!

      Delete
  5. Fab pictures - I love that you are thinking outside the box with your happy days.

    #Welcometotheweekend

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love OITNB! I havent watched the 2nd season though because our internet isnt worth a damn and watching would eat up our gigabytes, I hope I find a way to watch it, lol! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhh, I feel you hahah. Back when I lived alone with no internet, I spent a lot of time with my laptop at the library or a coffee shop streaming shows lol.

      Delete
  7. It's a nice habit to get into- finding things that make you happy each day and stopping to recogise it. Well done one getting so far in the challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Nadine! I'm really enjoying it :)

      Delete
  8. What a great concept! Everyone should reflect on what makes them happy - It's amazing how much we have in our lives that we take for granted! WTG Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Orange Is the New Black is great! I watched my first episode last night after hearing my mom, who worked at a women's jail, rave about it. Before going into finance I worked at a residential treatment facility for kids with behavioral issues, and I have to say the women's prison in the show looks very, very tame in comparison.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow! Exciting life you lead, hahah! You should ask your mom if the show is anything like the prison in real life!!

      Delete