Monday, May 26, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 8

Eight weeks! Eight is my lucky number!

I'm also pleased that I met the goal I made for myself last Tuesday, which was to blog at least twice a week. I wrote about Saints Row (there's still time to download it for free, hop to it!), I co-hosted my first link-up (which is still open if you want to join in!) and wrote my introduction post for Armchair BEA! I can't promise I'll get that much done every week, but I'm pleased.

If you're new around here and have no idea what I'm doing, check out my 100 Happy Days page! Particularly this post. Anyway, here's my week in "happy days" :)


Day 50 
Diablo III Whimsyshire

I hope you're not sick of me talking about Diablo III yet. On Tuesday, Andrew showed Jesse and I a "secret level" that's filled with killer unicorns and teddy bears, called Whimsyshire. It broke my heart to kill them, but they dropped really good loot and gave us lots of XP. Plus they were trying to kill us first. Sometimes the most unassuming things are what you have to look out for, you know?


Day 51

This is my amaryllis! Planting the bulb was my "happy" picture on Earth Day, way back in week 4! It was literally just the bulb when I planted it, and look how big its gotten! This picture was taken on Wednesday, and its gotten even bigger since then! I've never really had a green thumb, so I'm happy with how this is turning out.


Day 52

Now you get to learn how easily amused I can be. Pictured here is my new computer desktop wallpaper! It was just a black and white sketch of a bookcase and desk I found on Google Images. I rearranged all my desktop icons, using the bookcase to "shelve" most of the icons, put the "my computer" shortcut on the computer desk (get it?) and the "garbage" icon next to the desk. I've always liked arranging shelves, but I never thought it would transfer over into something like this, hahah!


Day 53

Hershey's Cookies N' Creme is my absolute FAVORITE candy, but half of the "happy moment" was how I got them, which I found funny. Now that I think about it, it doesn't sound very funny when I try to explain it, but whatever. Anyway, Andrew found out I was on what he likes to call my "monthly lady time." So when at the store to get more eggs, he came home with these and said "Uh, on TV girls say they're supposed to eat chocolate during monthly lady time, so you need these." Andrew and I have been living together for over two years now, and I never get "monthly cravings." I don't know why he would think I do now, but whatever. Men are weird sometimes. Either way it's still my favorite chocolate, so it doesn't really matter how I got it ;)


Day 54

On Saturday I spent some time with my good friend, Alyssa. She doesn't live here in town anymore, but she's within an hour away so I never have to miss her for too long :) She always has really cool sunglasses!


Day 55

The next day my family + Andrew and I were invited over to a friends house for BBQ and games! What's your favorite party game? Apples to Apples is always a crowd-pleaser! My mom and I made brownies with Oreos and peanut butter inside. It was a new recipe for us, but it was surprisingly easy!


Day 56


X-Men: Days of Future Past!
I love Marvel movies, but for me, the X-Men series has been hit or miss. There have been some winners (like X-Men and X-Men: First Class) and some that weren't so great (everything else - particularly Origins if we're counting that). I LOVED this movie! Before today, First Class was my favorite in the series, but this one has taken its place.

So there you go, another week. Wasn't bad at all. Now I have another Armchair BEA post to write! What have you been up to this week?


10 comments:

  1. I saw X-Men: Days of Future Past as well, there are hits and misses in this series of movies. However, like you I enjoyed this installment of X-Men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My favorite part was when they were breaking into the Pentagon, hahah.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on meeting your Blogging goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Meeting a goal always feels nice :)

      Delete
  3. I love this!!! I've been doing the 100 Happy Day's challenge too (ok I've been kind of a hit and miss some days for me), I really like the idea of posting about what made me happy that week. I was getting a little discouraged as I love working with wood and a friend gave me a bunch of moldy wood and I kept taking pictures of it, then I was all like, do I really want a coffee table book full of pictures of moldy wood? But now I'm thinking, who cares if it's all about wood. I might even use your idea about blogging about it to keep me motivated to continue.
    Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think you should totally make a coffee table book full of pictures of moldy wood, if that's what makes you happy! Happiness is totally subjective, right? I could say the same things about almost all of my pictures, and during the first few weeks I felt the same way you did. But little things like my favorite chocolate and my plant growing make me happy, so that's good enough for me :) I really recommend blogging about it! It keeps me motivated. It's not like people are dying to see my weekly post about it, but I told myself I would write about it every Tuesday until I was finished, and for the most part I've done a pretty good job of keeping to that. When lovely people come by and tell me they like it, it's even more fun and keeps me going :) Good luck!

      Delete
  4. Aww, lots of happiness and goodness in this post :) So glad you were able to spend time with your friend... that's good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I try to keep things positive! As much as I can, anyway, hahah.

      Delete
  5. Hooray for X-Men, X2 is still my favorite but this one was really good! I'm glad because like you said they can be a hit or miss. I love playing Apples to Apples, I haven't played in a few months and I miss it! It's so much fun in huge crowds!
    www.simplysinova.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete