Tuesday, May 20, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 7

Hello, hello!

Friends, I'm feeling really crappy about the fact that I haven't written anything since last weeks 100 Happy Days post. I don't have a really good excuse, except for being busy. And yeah, I was busy, but so is everyone else and they still manage to get all sorts of things done. From now on my goal will be to blog at least twice a week. That already was (kind of) the goal, but I've decided I want to put more effort into making sure it happens and maybe, just maybe, plan out some posts in advance (gasp). As always we'll have to wait and see how that actually goes.

Anyway, on to our weekly installment of happiness!


Day 43
Etsy

On Tuesday, before getting into some more pancit making practice, I spent most of the day updating our Etsy shop, which also including listing these three new pins! I am partial to the "K." I'm still nowhere close to being an Etsy pro, but ever since opening our shop I have learned SO much. It feels really great.


Day 44

Try not to get too excited, but above is a picture of the fried egg sandwich I ate for dinner. I'll just go ahead and say that nothing really interesting happened that day. I cleaned the apartment and tried to catch up on blog stuff. Either way, Andrew and I have been on a huge egg kick lately. Also breakfast food is one of my FAVORITES.


Day 45
Diablo III

This was more of a sharing shout out about something that made me happy! Until the 22nd, there's a 100% bonus chance to legendary drops in Diablo 3. If you don't play Diablo I'm sure that makes no sense, but trust me when I say it's an awesome thing happening. Unfortunately, like I said, I've been busy. So the event is almost over and I haven't had much time to take advantage of it. A few days ago I played a couple good hours with my brother Jesse, until the computer crashed. Ever since the last game patch, Diablo shuts down my computer, mid game after being left on any longer than an hour. I think they're updating again today, so I hope that gets fixed. It's driving me crazy!


Day 46
lumpia

I've already mentioned here and there about how I was catering my friends graduation party...with food I didn't know how to cook! Earlier in the week and the week before I was working on my pancit skills. Next was the lumpia, I already knew how to make it for the most part, there were just some blanks I needed to fill in. Most people don't seem to know this, but making lumpia isn't hard, it's just takes so long. Especially when you're making it for a whole party of people! On Friday my mom, who knows all too well how long it takes, offered to help me roll the lumpia so we could just fry it before the party the next day. I went over to her house and we spent the afternoon rolling lumpia. She dubbed me the official lumpia roller in the family because all of mine were turning out better than hers, hahah! While rolling, we watched the newish The Lone Ranger with Jesse. It wasn't a bad movie, as I was lead to believe. Not the best, but entertaining if you don't take it too seriously!


Day 46 (again)
Nothing but a Pigeon

Maybe it's cheating, but I posted two happiness photos on Friday! I just couldn't choose so I went with them both. I had opened the most AMAZING package from Taylor over at Nothing but a Pigeon. Isn't he the best?! His big beady eyes, and that tiny smile, hahah! I love jellyfish SO MUCH, which is exactly what I told her before she picked me to send it to. I'm going to hang him here in my new place, I just need a couple things first :)


Day 47

I still haven't figured out why the photos I save to post on Instagram always turn blurry!! Sigh. Anyway, Saturday was the day of the party for my dear friend Katie :) In the morning I sped around the kitchen frantically in gym shorts and disheveled hair (as I do), preparing all the food to bring over. Thankfully I had time to clean up before going. I'm SOOOO, so, so happy to report that all of the food was a hit. I was nervous that it wouldn't live up to my dads cooking that people were expecting, but everyone loved it! Pictured is Katie and I with her vegan chocolate cake! It was delicious. As you can see I was also rockin' my new headband again. I've been getting so many compliments on it, which is always fun when you're wearing something kind of "different." 


Day 48
Urinetown

On Sunday, I went to see the youth production of the musical Urinetown at one of the theatres I work at. Lots of people ask, "Heheh, Urine. So is it about pee or something?" I think they expect you to say no, except that, yes, it is about exactly what the title implies. The whole show is a satire, which saves it from the ick-factor...for the most part. It has some catchy tunes, but I'd avoid belting them out on the street or anything like that.


Day 49

Yesterday I got to spend one more day with my friend, Katie before she took off on an airplane. We just hung out, checked out a few stores, but mostly just chatted. It's always fun catching up with old friends :)


Another week. Today's picture will be DAY 50! Officially halfway through! Not to toot my own horn, and I know it's no big accomplishment to some, but I am seriously impressed with myself. I am the worst at consistency and I don't even know the last time I did anything for fifty days straight, hahah! Here's to another fifty days!

Linked on A Harvest of Blessing!

29 comments:

  1. Looks like such a fun week! After seeing all of these #100days posts on instagram, I'm thinking I need to join in on the fun soon. Maybe I'll add that to my summer fun list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm really having a lot of fun with it :) Maybe I'll do it for more than 100 days!? Hahah.

      Delete
    2. You definitely should! I've seen plenty of people going past the 100 days.

      Delete
  2. Wait - isn't that an octopus? My 9-year-old just did a big project on the Man o War. That's one odd creature.

    *-Glad I found you through the hump day happenings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are, aren't they! Hahah. I love octopi as well, I'd say they're my second favorite sea creature after jellyfish...but really I love all sea creatures! If you check out her Etsy page, you'll see it's a jellyfish, but with it's rounded head and thick tentacles I think I would have been confused too, if I didn't already know! Thanks for stopping by!!

      Delete
  3. If it wasn't for preposting, I'd never get anything posted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, I keep trying to do that but I'm even WORSE at that, hahah! Like I said I'm working on changing, so I'm hoping over time I'll get used to it!

      Delete
  4. My brother and best friend have both been cursing Diablo right now. They are having problems too. That cake looks delicious by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Yeah, it's pretty rage-inducing right now. They're usually pretty good at fixing these things though, so I'm trying to remain confident!

      Delete
  5. Love this, I've seen 100 days of Happy posts before but never really knew what it was about. So great to look at all the little things!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it's a lot of fun! My first 100 Happy Days post has more details on what it's all about, if you're interested! Join us! We have...cookies and things! :)

      Delete
  6. I love 100 Happy Days posts! Thanks for sharing on Hump Day Happenings : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love your happy posts! They make me happy, too! This one also made me hungry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thank you so much! Come on over and I'll make you some lumpia, I'm a pro at it now! Hahah ;)

      Delete
  8. Urinetown!! <3 Love that show & when I worked Concessions on a production yrs ago, we put a tip jar in the restrooms to pay to pee!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was telling my coworkers they should have done that!! Hahah, oh well.Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

      Delete
  9. Visiting from Sits, I just wanted to let you know how much i enjoyed your post! I'm in need of some happiness and this has given me a few ideas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! If you're in need of a little happiness boost I definitely recommend giving this challenge a try! :)

      Delete
  10. That show Urinetown sounds like it would be so much fun. Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! :) Thanks for stopping by, Heidi!

      Delete
  11. That octopus is adorable! And I don't think you can cheat on a happiness project, if it makes you happy, it counts, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like how you were so candid about feeling guilty keeping up with your blog. it's hard when life gets crazy busy!!! i only did 1 post this past week too. ughhh.
    Also--i saw that play Urine Town almost 10 yrs ago--no, OMG- actually i think it was 10 yrs ago. yikes! Anyways--it was amazing!!!!!!! Highly recommend it. Really made you think. Have a good weekend. Linking up from the Weekday mixer Social Media linkup. Cheers! shana from Technotini

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thanks! Even though I love blogging, sometimes I tend to put it on the back burner. Hoping to change that soon, though :)

      I'm glad you liked the play! I love it too. It's funny, but brings up some really great points at the same time.

      Thanks for stopping by. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  13. I want to open up an etsy shop. I had one years ago & loved it. I've got to get material together first. I hear ya about being busy, these passed 2 weeks have been insane. I love that octopus! I'm stopping by from SITS & I hope your having a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm still trying to get the hang of Etsy, but so far I like it! What kind of things did you sell? I'd love to see them!

      Delete
  14. These are such fabulous happy moments! I wish I had gotten in on this #100happydays fun! Can I still get in on it?

    Anyway... wonderful moments well captured Natalie!

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop)>

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, you should totally join! There was no set start/end date, you just jump in whenever you want! Check out their site - http://100happydays.com/

      Delete