Tuesday, May 13, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 6

Six weeks in??!!!! Whaaaat. Hahahah. I am pleased to say that this week was much less stressful than last. I actually spent a good portion of it at home, being the hermit I was born to be.

Day 36

This was our first day living in the new apartment :) We moved all the furniture where we wanted it, we just had to unpack. I wanted to fill up my bookcases first (there's four of them), because empty bookshelves look dreary and sad - plus my books filled up a good portion of the boxes. We put Turtle next to the window, because he always seems to get excited when he can see outside. I'm just guessing he's excited when he starts flailing about, because he does the same thing when he can see that I'm about to feed him. Or he could be flailing in terror. I don't know! One of my favorite things about our new place is the windows. There's more of them than our last place had, and they're so big! It's nice to just let some natural light in.


Day 37
Books

No more sad bookshelves! I'm a little particular with how I shelve my books, so unpacking them is more than just pulling them out of the box and putting them on the shelf, hahah. On the top shelf is a Snorlax Pokemon plush (he's my favorite Pokemon because he reminds me of myself), and on the bottom shelf is my LEGO Volkswagen I wrote about back in January. I've always liked having little trinkets and things on my shelves!


Day 38
Diablo III

I spent most of Thursday unpacking, but took a break later in the day to play some Diablo III with my brother. I've had Diablo for awhile now and hadn't played it in a bit, but Jesse recently got it and wanted to team up. How could I say no? Diablo is a hack and slash, dungeon crawler type of game, and these types are much more fun with a friend, I think. To pre-game, I popped some popcorn to snack on with my orange carrot SoBe. For the most part I don't care much for SoBe drinks, but I love the orange carrot one. Mmm <3


Day 39
Pancit

On Friday I went over to my parents house so my dad could teach me how to make pancit! I already had a general idea how to make it, but my friend asked me to make some for her graduation party, and I want it to be perfect. She loves how my dad makes it, but he's unavailable to be there, so it was entrusted to me! If you still haven't figured it out yet, I don't cook. So this is kind of a big thing. I'm going to make another practice batch tonight (WITHOUT my dad here to help me), so I hope it turns out good, hahah!


Day 40

40?! Every time I get through another 10 days on the challenge I feel like it's really cool, but I guess at this point it's not that impressive anymore, is it? Anyway, on Saturday I made some last minute Etsy calling cards for my mom and I to give out at the Patchwork Show we'd be going to the next day. I'm the furthest from being a Photoshop genius, but for someone as crappy with computers as I am, I think they turned out ok. I only ended giving out a couple of the cards, though, hahah! It's ok, I have other ideas in mind :)


Day 41

Mother's Day! A picture of my momma and I because I love her and we're cute :D This picture is a few years old, but I like it so much! We spent Mother's Day at the Patchwork Show in Oakland. We took a picture together while we were there, but when I got home and saw it, I noticed my boobs were doing something really crazy and it'd be better to leave it off the internet. I can't be the only girl this happens to, right?


Day 42

If you read yesterdays post about us going to the Patchwork Show, you read that we got these sweet headbands. I am 100% obsessed with mine! Andrew's being a #hater but he said as long as I don't ever wear those headbands with the tiny hats on them, then "you do you." Men can be so boring. Either way, I wore it when we went to the Filipino market today and rocked it pretty hard.


There you have it, another week gone by. Ever since I started doing this I've felt like time is going by so fast. This is a bad feeling when you're a procrastinator, like me. If you're new around here and want to check out the past weeks, visit the 100 Happy Days page, or follow me on Instagram! :)

16 comments:

  1. Love the business cards - super cute! Would love to see more of your apartment. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Maybe when I get it cleaned up a little, hahah!

      Delete
  2. Truly enjoying your happiness posts! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Allie! I love writing them, I get to think about all the cool stuff I did that week hahahah

      Delete
  3. Love these! And congrats on the new digs :) I'm I a total nutcase when it comes to organizing my bookshelves. I have sections based on topics haha!

    I totally ended up falling off the wagon for my 100 happy days :s Not because I couldn't find things to be happy about but because I kept not having time to post them... You're doing such a good job though! Keep it up ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm always changing how I organize my books, but it's always organized in SOME way! At one point I had them organized by color LOL. It looked cute, but wasn't so practical.

      Don't feel bad! There have been some days where it's almost midnight and I'm like, "oh crap, I didn't post anything!" and then I'll take a picture of something I did earlier that day (one time I had to replicate the scene hahah). I'm usually SO BAD at remembering to do things, but my boyfriend has been supportive and helping me remember because he thinks it's funny, hahah!

      Delete
  4. Those business cards are super cute!!! You did a great job:) Love that headband, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They didn't turn out 100% how I wanted them, but ever since I've started blogging I've gotten alot better with computer/image stuff. It's cool seeing myself improve :)

      Delete
  5. Nice job on those cards! They're super cute. I'd love to see a closer pic of your turtle. It's funny that he likes to look out the window!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm sure Turtle will make more appearances soon! He's a weird guy, hahah.

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, I love your business cards too :)

    Thanks for linking up to the weekend blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are adorable! What a happy and important message you are sending. Smiling the whole way through your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks Cindy! Hahah I do try ;)

      Delete
  8. Cute business cards! Newest follower :) I found you from Happy kids blog hop!
    Xo,
    Kirstie
    www.semlerfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete