Wednesday, May 7, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 5!

Hey friends! As of last week we're officially a whole month in. Towards the end of the week things got pretty hectic, which is also why I'm posting this late. So exhausted, but I'm sitting at my new table setup, adult beverage in hand, and ready to get back on track!


Day 29
Thomas Was Alone

Game of the week was Thomas Was Alone, which is "a game about friendship and jumping and floating and bouncing and anti-gravity." It's sort of hard to explain. Yes, your characters are squares and rectangles, but the story line is so deep you wouldn't even believe me if I tried to tell you. You know, because it's about squares and rectangles. Since I know you're dying to know, the red rectangle is Thomas (who is no longer alone). The orange square is a cynical guy named Chris, John is the tall yellow one, and you can't tell here, but the blue one is actually a very large square; her name is Claire and she believes she's a superhero. Maybe she is. One of the best parts of this game is the narration, by a guy named Danny Wallace. I thought he was Tim Curry the first time I heard him; I love Tim Curry, so thought that was pretty great. He won a BAFTA for narrating this game, so I'm not the only one who was into it!


Day 30


On Wednesdays we wear pink! This specific Wednesday was the 10 year anniversary of Mean Girls, which landed on the perfect day. How fitting is that? So obviously I had to wear pink. My shirt's a very pale, baby pink, but I promise it is indeed pink.


Day 31


This is where things get a little crazy, and these flowers actually have nothing to do with anything! I was at my moms that day, and these are her flowers. My "happy" moment couldn't really be photographed. Anyway, this was the day Andrew and I decided we'd be moving! I'd been looking for apartments ever since the little incident going on upstairs (we'd been wanting to move out for a long time before that, just more so now). Everywhere was either full, out of our price range, or had too many news stories about people getting shot there. The day before, my mom had called me with an apartment listing she'd read in the paper. We went to go see it that day, and it was perfect. The only problem was that it was a tiny bit expensive for us, and we weren't sure if we'd be able to manage that. Funds were tight already! I'll skip most of the details (it was a crazy emotional day for me), but long story short, we decided to go for it, and in order to get the apartment we wanted, and to avoid paying a large sum of money for the terrible living conditions in our (at the time) current apartment, we only had days to move out of it. It sounds crazy, because it was crazy. We called the new landlord and made plans to see him tomorrow.....


Day 32

.....and make it official! This is the view outside my new front door. I love all the trees here! Afterwards we went straight home to start packing, we had a LOT of work ahead of us!


Day 33
Red Robin

Did you expect this picture to be of packing boxes? That morning I had work, and got back to packing as soon as I got home and drank some coffee. Later, Andrew took me out for a short lunch date, then it was back to packing! This was also Free Comic Book Day, but we decided to be responsible adults for once and stay home and pack.


Day 34
May the Fourth be with you

May the Fourth be with you! We originally had plans for this day as well (Star Wars related, of course), but again, stayed home to pack. Negative side note - packing is the worst. Either way, I still wore a Star Wars shirt to feel in the spirit of things. I have a few Star Wars shirts, but my favorite is this hand-me-down one. Andrew bought it when he was in Japan!


Day 35

Moving day! I had work at 4am that morning, and when I got home spent literally the entire day packing and moving. Best/worst day ever. You know the feeling. That afternoon my dad came to help get the furniture out. Later on, my mom and little brother came to help, too. I'm so grateful they came, and the day would have been complete shit without them. By the time we were wrapping up we wanted to go get some food, but everything was closing and we had to go to Denny's. I love this picture, although it was kind of an accident! I went up into the new apartment and was trying to take a picture of the mountain of boxes, so I could post a "all moved in!" type of thing, but Andrew and my brother decided to photobomb. Afterwards I took my picture of the boxes, but I like this one better ;)

...and that was my crazy week. The apartment is still pretty full of boxes, but we're working on it! Today I went to the post office to have all my mail forwarded. It made everything feel very real, hahah!
How was our week? I wanna know! It was less hectic than mine, I hope!

12 comments:

  1. Hi Natalie!! Thanks for linking up with my NO RULES Weekend Blog Party. I've just added you on G+ :) Happy Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What an eventful week! That Thomas Was Alone game sounds absolutely unusual. I checked out the site and I'm very curious.

    Moving day is always kind of crazy isn't it? I love the view outside your new home.

    Thanks for sharing (and for linking up to the SHINE Blog Hop).

    Wishing you a lovely day.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thanks Jennifer! Yes, the move was definitely crazy, but SO worth it! :)

      Delete
  3. Moving is a lot of work! Good luck getting settled at your new place. I love May the Fourth! I came really close to getting a really cute Star Wars tee this past weekend and now I regret not buying it.
    Glad you linked up for the Epic Friday Linky party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah, I'm still unpacking but I'm getting there slowly but surely, hahah. Check online for your tee, Star Wars shirts are all over the internet! :D

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on getting the apartment you wanted. No risk - no reward, right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Uggh, moving is definitely the best/worst thing. Yay for new beginnings, nay for the process of getting your stuff out of one place and into another lol.

    What a fun (and happy!) post!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thanks! Yes, it's definitely a double-edged thing, but at least the payoff will be great :)

      Delete
  6. So, this whole post is cool but I am really intrigued by that game! What is it? A computer game? Sounds so interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks! I am in looove with this game right now! It's a computer game but you can also get it for PS3/Vita. I'm playing it on PC :) You can download the demo for free and try it out!

      Delete