Thursday, April 3, 2014

Saturday is International Tabletop Day!

It's true!

"International TableTop Day is a celebration for all the fans of tabletop gaming. A single day where the whole world is brought together in a common purpose of spending time together and having fun." - via tabletopday.com


For this day we have actor/writer/Sheldon Cooper's archenemy Wil Wheaton, to thank. 
Basically all you need to do is gather your friends and a family around the table and start some gaming. Or, if you live by a game shop, there's a good chance they're holding a Tabletop Day event! Plus they'll have free loot, and that's always cool. You can do a search for this on the Tabletop Day website.



Is this a pretty "nerdy" thing to do? Well, yeah, it is. By now I'm betting you're thinking about something like Dungeons and Dragons and all that jazz. I mean, yes you can play that all day if you're up for it, but that's not all there is to it! You can play whatever you want, as long as it isn't a video game. If you wanna play Monopoly (weirdo) then do it! Or maybe card games? Jenga? Whatever you want! I think it's safe to say that I'll be playing some Munchkin, and maybe a round of Pandemic if things go my way (hehe). I'll elaborate on these games later on.

I can't actually play on Saturday, so I'll be starting the party tomorrow instead! We don't have our game schedule 100% ironed out yet, but I'm sure you'll be hearing more about this later. Really I just wanted everyone to know that it's almost Tabletop Day.

...and now you do :)

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Munchkin! So much fun but I haven't played a good game in so long....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I discovered Munchkin maybe two years ago, and now it's HUGE in my circle :) So much fun!

      Delete