Monday, April 28, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 4!

Four weeks of happy! Well, mostly. Hahah. Here's how week 4 went :)


Day 22
Amaryllis

Earth Day! Honestly, I didn't realize until the day was half over. I'm horrible. I made up for it by planting this amaryllis bulb. I'd been meaning to do it, so what better day than Earth Day? It hasn't really grown much, but the white part sticking out of the bulb has started to turn green! I'm assuming that's a good thing. I don't have a green thumb, but I'm hoping for the best, hahah!


Day 23
Sinful Colors Tidal Wave

A few weeks ago I had ordered this free nail polish from PINCHme! As you can see the brand is Sinful Colors, and this specific shade is called Tidal Wave. My nails were already painted a really obnoxious green with fuzzy coat, but of course I wanted to try my new polish right now, so I removed the polish on my ring fingers and incorporated the new polish into my old manicure. It turned out ok, but I've since taken it all off and painted them all over with the new polish, and it looks much better :)


Day 24


There's not much of a story behind this picture, I just really like it! I love selfies, I love my little brother, and I love my boyfriend. Andrew is usually very anti-selfie, so this is also a success in my book ;)


Day 25
Dutch Bros. Coffee

Yes, I love coffee, but this is more than just a daily coffee photo! My towns very first Dutch Bros. Coffee opened this week, and it's right down the street from me! On opening day they were giving out all medium sized drinks for free, so obviously I had to be there. As expected, it was packed, but well worth it. They even gave us a cute little Dutch Bros. car antennae thing. I've been a fan of Dutch Bros. for quite some time, but until now there hasn't been one anywhere nearby. No more Starbucks for me!


Day 26

On Friday night (but I got home Saturday morning), the theatre I work at was hosting an event called "2 Kings," which is a Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley concert! 2 Kings, get it? Haaaha. They were both pretty legit, and they and their entire crew they brought with them were SO nice! Elvis's singing was spot on, and MJ's dancing was pretty intense. Kind of bummed the picture came out a little dark, but what can ya do.


Day 27
Powell's Books

A friend of mine came over, who had recently been to Portland Oregon! She was super sweet and brought me this magnet she bought while visiting Powell's Books. We're both pretty huge book nerds ;) Now it's on my fridge, surrounded by Star Wars themed poetry magnets.


Day 28
Jellyfish

This day I was SO SO SOOO happy! I love my jellyfish earrings to death, and for months ONE of them had gone missing. I was really upset! Andrew had got them for me when we went to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, after he realized how much I REALLY LOVE JELLYFISH. I mean, he already knew I loved jellyfish, but that was his first time actually seeing me freak out over live jellyfish, and it was like, "woah, this chick really loves jellyfish." Because I do! So anyway, he surprised me with these and I proceeded to wear them every single day, until one fell out and I couldn't find it for MONTHS and had pretty much given up hope (I had even turned the remaining earring into a necklace), until yesterday when I was moving the couch and THERE IT WAS! I have no idea how it could have gotten behind the couch, but I don't even care anymore! The necklace I made with the other one was easy to take apart and turn back into an earring (that was intentional, in case I ever found the mate!), so I threw it back together and am now wearing my jellyfish earrings as I type this. So happy.

I'm pretty happy with how this week played out :)

If you're new around here and want to catch up, check out the 100 Happy Days tag, or follow along on Instagram! 

23 comments:

  1. I love your nails! They look so pretty. Mine aren't looking too great at the moment. I think I may need to fix that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! :) Mine are always going back and forth from looking good to horrible. I love painting my nails, but then I end up picking it off! Hahahah.

      Delete
  2. I stopped by from the Jack of All Trades link-up :) What a cute post! I love the coffee cover from the new shop in your town, that's very smart marketing.

    And I love your jellyfish earrings! So glad you found the missing one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I like the coffee lids, too :) They all say something different, but I thought mine was particularly fun, hahah.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks! I love writing them hahah :D

      Delete
  4. It looks like you have been busy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it was a pretty busy week! Lots of good things though so I don't mind :)

      Delete
  5. All of your photos have a springy flare to them. Happy Spring! I love those earrings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D I'm really happy Spring is here, I guess it shows! Hahah.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a fun weekend! Those earrings are adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love amaryllis, I used to give a couple of them to my mother in law every year.

    I follow your blog on bloglovin, and I nominated you for the Liebster Award. http://www.boogersareyucky.com/2014/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. The 100 Days of Happy is such a good idea. Just reading other people's posts and looking at what makes them happy also makes me happy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm really loving it! I don't know if it's just a placebo affect type thing, but I must say I've been in a pretty good mood lately, hahah!

      Delete
  9. Looks like another great week! I love the coffee lid! What a sweet touch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought so :) I'm a sucker for cute packaging!

      Delete
  10. Fun post! Love the nail color for spring.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am stopping by from Jack of all Trades. I have enjoyed this post and like the idea. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and thanks for stopping by, Angela!

      Delete