Tuesday, April 22, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 3

Already three weeks in! Honestly, I'm pretty surprised I haven't skipped a day (or two, or three) yet. Now let's get this started!


Day 15
World of Warcraft

If you can't already tell what this is, I started playing World of Warcraft this week! I have mixed feelings about it, but it's definitely alot of fun. Don't stereotype me as a basement dweller! Hahah. I know many people find this game very addicting, but I haven't felt that yet. I love games, but I usually can't sit playing one for hours on end without getting antsy. My character is named Nafumae, and she's a Shamen Troll. I've had people say things like, "I love her name, what does it mean?" This is hilarious to me, because I got the name from Mean Girls! I was having trouble thinking of an interesting name for a shamen, so I closed my computer and started watching Mean Girls, because it was added to Netflix this month (YES). You know the part when Cady is saying how she only had a crush on one boy before? It was a little boy she met in Africa, and his name? NAFUMAE. So now you know, hahah.


Day 16

This is an incredibly boring picture, I'm sorry. Here's what happened - I was so happy that day, because for almost a YEAR there had been a football sized hole in my ceiling, in the shower, right where I'm pointing. As you can see, no more hole! That day, our landlord sent a man to come paint everyones front doors, and he asked if everything else was ok. Since everything was NOT ok, I showed him the hole and said I'd been trying to have it fixed for the longest time. He said he'd fix it as soon as he was done with the doors, and he did! I was so happy. See, what orginally happened was, last year I called about the hole, and someone came to fix it. Problem was, they left without finishing the job, saying they'd be coming back the next day. Obviously, the man never came back, and since he didn't finish, the hole just reopened and was back at square one. Sometimes I hate apartment living. But whatever, it's fixed now. Yay!


Day 17
Influenster

My Influenster package! Confession - the package came in awhile ago, but on Day 17 I actually started using it and completed some of the tasks. I love Influenster; it's a fun, easy and FREE way to try out new products! Sometimes the things you get aren't as fun and exciting as others (I mean, fluoride rinse...?) but the more you do, the higher your score gets, getting you invitations for more campaigns! Besides, even if fluoride isn't something particularly exciting, it's always important to keep the chompers clean. I've been using it since, and I really like it! So fresh and so clean (Outkast reference sorry)! Are there any other Influenster members reading here? What do you think? If you're NOT an Influenster member, hit me up, I have invites I can send you!


Day 18

This was on the wall at work that day! I think it's pretty self explanatory why this might make me happy, but it's even more than that. My team recently got a new boss, and we LOVE him. Our previous boss was cold, unfriendly, did not like us getting to know our coworkers, and difficult to talk to. Our new one is the exact opposite, and loves coordinating lots of little challenges and gatherings to bring us all closer together. It's been really great!


Day 19

On Day 19, the theatre I work at was a hosting Tommy Davidson's comedy show! I won't lie, Tommy Davidson wasn't someone I was familiar with until I found out we were doing this show. He started his career doing standup, but his big break was when he was in the cast of In Living Color. The show ended when I was three years old, so it was way before my time, hahah. When I found out he was coming, and I did a little research. Either way, he was really funny, and I had alot of fun! They brought in a photo booth, so I shoved my boyfriend, Andrew, in with me. I don't think I've mentioned this before, but we also work together. So we have two jobs together, AND we live together! Sounds crazy, but we make it work :)


Day 20
Easter

Since I started this challenge on the 1st, that makes Day 20 Easter! I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter, no matter what you believe in or how you spent it. I started the day off going to church with my family. Unfortunately, I got Andrew sick with my cold from the week before. He waited for us back at my families house while we were at service, so he wouldn't be that guy coughing through the whole sermon. Later that day we all had a potluck! I brought Easter chocolates, because in my opinion you can't have Easter without them. Some of our friends came over too, so we spent the day eating, chatting, and playing Apples to Apples and Telestrations. I love spending days with family, friends and good food all wrapped into one!


Day 21

Ok, I might have cheated a little on this one. This picture was actually taken on Day 19, after the Tommy Davidson show. But! I didn't get a copy of the picture until yesterday, as someone else took it :) It makes me happy, so here it is! In the middle is Tommy Davidson, I'm on the end, Andrew's next to me, and the two on the other end are more of my awesome work buddies! I think the picture came out really cute, hahah.

...and that was my week! Unfortunately something not so happy happened on the 20th as well, but that doesn't belong in this post because it's a HAPPY PLACE! You can expect me to rant about it later, though ;)


15 comments:

  1. I've sort of been creepin' and I almost feel like we'd be the best of friends. I know that if I ever got into WoW, I'd never be able to get out of the immediate addiction. I've got this sort of "grind it out" mentality when it comes to those games. All of a sudden it's 3 hours later and you haven't eaten a thing.

    I don't think I've ever tried embarking on the 100 days of Instagram. I feel I'm inside 6 out of the 7 days. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH and I followed you on bloglovin' only cause it's easier. :]

      Delete
    2. Not creepy at all - I love new friends! :D I definitely used to be like that with games, hahah! I think with MMO's I just stopped caring, because in a way they're never REALLY done, there's always something new to do! For example on WoW there's some Easter event going on this week, and I'm collecting all these stupid chocolate eggs. Hmmm sounds much more lame when I type it out. Oh well, you get it :P

      Oh and I and very much a homebody! I would say 70% of my Instagram pictures are taken at home, 10% at work, 10% at my moms house and 10% out at random places. Most of the things that make me happy are at home, haaahahah. Thanks for commenting, can't wait to get to know you! I followed you back :D

      Delete
    3. Oh it's okay. I built my computer from scratch to later on be able to handle the future games that would take more power to run. I played runesacape (lol first internet 'mmo'), maplestory, then Tera for a brief minute in college. Only to realize that was a terrible time waster. These sort of games are only fun if you have someone to play with.

      Can't wait to read more too. Thanks for the follow back!

      Delete
  2. Watch out! My sister started playing WOW about 10 years ago and hasn't strayed from the game once yet ;) I personally never quite understood the point of a game with no end... but I'm more of a car race arcade kind of gamer. RPG's frustrate me too much ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 10 years?! That's crazy! I agree that finishing a game can feel very accomplishing, but at the same time, if the game never ends you don't have to miss it when it's over! ;) But yes, RPG's can be very frustrating sometimes hahahah.

      Delete
  3. Haha I love your WOW name. What a great story! And Easter chocolate is the best. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah thanks! Yes it is, eating regular shaped chocolate just isn't the same! ;)

      Delete
  4. I play WOW! I love it a lot.... but I took about a year off and coming back just this month kind of leaves it more of a love/hate thing. Have fun, though!

    Thanks for linking up with Lovely Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I'm loving it, but I'm not craaazy for it like some people are. Although I'm only level 10 so there's still a lot of stuff I need to try out!

      Delete
  5. So, it's been a few days now.....are you addicted yet? LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No!!! Although...I am playing it in another tab as I type this, hahah.

      Delete
  6. I've been eating the same chocolate eggs non-stop since Easter last weekend! They are just too good.Stopping by from the link up :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine were all gone by the end of the day! I was tempted to buy more the day after but I resisted hahah. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete