Wednesday, April 16, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 2

I'm back with more happy! I feel like week 2 went by so fast, maybe that's why I'm posting it three days late, hahah. Anyway, here we go! :)


Day 8
Frozen

On day 8 I watched Frozen for the first time! Took me long enough, right? It was such a cute movie, and I've always loved Idina Menzel (we're talking waaay before Wicked happened). I also popped some popcorn for the viewing, of course. Fact: I am OBSESSED with popcorn!


Day 9
Where'd You Go, Bernadette

Here's the caption I wrote when I posted this picture on Instagram: "Where'd You Go, Bernadette has taken a turn for the worse, and everything I know is WRONG! Not entirely sure if this is a "happy" but I WILL IT TO BE, because in a terrible way it's kind of fun." So yeah, maybe a little dramatic. If you read my thoughts on the book in my previous post then it makes more sense, hahah.


Day 10

Ok, I KNOW it looks like bird poop but just hear me out. Lately I've been really interested in learning how to make things in my crock pot (because I hate cooking). My first two attempts cooked into a sad mush. My third try was pulled pork, which turned out good. I'm not really into pulled pork, but Andrew (who is) LOVED it. Pictured here was my fourth try, creamy chicken! I used this recipe, and it turned out great! Super easy, only a few ingredients, and pretty delicious if you're into that sort of thing. The hardest part is not crying, because it smells so good while it sits in the crock pot for six hours. We ate it over rice, because I eat rice with pretty much all meats #FilipinoRaised


Day 11

On day 11 I woke up with a fever and a cold. Thankfully I had the day off, so I just chilled, eating oranges and popping Dayquil. My least favorite part of having a cold is that my throat always gets SO dry, it's painful! For that reason I always try to stay stocked up on cough drops. So really this was kind of a crappy day, but my "happy" was being thankful for modern conveniences that relieve the pain ;)


Day 12
Hello Kitty

My Hello Kitty robe is THE BEST article of clothing I own. I love it to pieces <3 <3 <3 It's actually meant to be one of those short mini-robe things, but since I'm only 5ft tall it works perfect for me. I was still under the weather and had work that morning, but when I came home at 8:30AM I hopped into my robe and stayed in it for the rest of the day.


Day 13
Godspell

On day 13 my mom went to see Godspell at the theatre I work at, so I went along as her date! Seeing a show is always fun, but honestly, knowing most of the people in the cast takes away a bit of the magic, hahah. Anyway, I wasn't working on this specific show, but my fellow techies did an awesome job! I guess the actors were pretty ok too ;) The version they performed was an updated revival of the original Godspell. I am not a fan of the original Godspell at all - it's pretty boring. The revival is much more upbeat. Still not a favorite, but it definitely kept my attention!


Day 14

This is one of my oldest friends, Katie! She lives in Seattle now, being a musical extraordinaire. Unfortunately, her reason for being in town was not a happy one. I was glad to be able to see her while she was here. Friends need to stick together when times are rough! As you can see we went to get frozen yogurt. I love frozen yogurt, and I always get pomegranate flavored! If you're a frozen yogurt place without pomegranate you need to STEP YOUR GAME UP.

And that was my week! Since I started this challenge, I've found so many other bloggers that are also doing it! It's fun to see other people with the same goal as me, and what makes them happy!

What made you happy this week? I wanna know, even if you aren't doing the challenge!

24 comments:

  1. It made me happy just reading this and looking at the pictures. Great pictures by the way! This post was no nice and upbeat. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, that's so sweet! Thank you so much! :D

      Delete
  2. ahhh I STILL haven't seen frozen. soon, hopefully. and love your robe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! No worries, I always take forever to see new movies hahah. Frozen was fun, though!

      Delete
  3. Still haven't seen Frozen but WHOA Where'd You Go Bernadette! How crazy are the turns? What a book! found you on Little Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, thanks! I didn't like how the book turned out, but it definitely kept me reading it!

      Delete
  4. I hope you're feeling better now! Slow cooker meals are THE BEST! I'm not much of a cook, but those are usually the types of meals I can always count on turning out and being really good! I'm going to have to go check out your other post on that book-- I've seen it around quite a bit but haven't looked too much into it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Still a little congested but not nearly as bad as before, hahah. I am slowly learning to love my slow cooker - the recipes that turned out bad had me a little discouraged, but the ones that were good were REALLY good! I'm determined to find more that work for me!

      Delete
  5. I love this! I've heard about the 100 Days of Happy project and I think you may have inspired me:)!. I LOVED Where'd You Go Bernadette. Great book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely try it, it's fun! I had alot of mixed feelings on the book, but I think I'm in the minority because it seems to be very popular, hahah!

      Delete
  6. I hope you're feeling better! Glad you were able to see your friend!

    Thanks for linking up with Lovely Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im going to have to check out that book!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like it more than I did, hahah. Let me know what you think, if you read it! :)

      Delete
  8. Hi Natalie, I found you via the link party over at two thirty five. I hate cooking too, I have an awesome crock pot that I use 3 times a year lol I have dried out a few things using it so at least your "bird poop" looks moist tee hee I eat out way too much and actually made a resolution to eat at home more frequently so perhaps this year my crock pot will get used 4 times :-) Love the theater too, that's something I do more than 3 times a year. Thanks for sharing your "happy" certainly made me smile

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hahah that's exactly why I started using my crock pot, I was eating out too much/eating too many convenience foods! And since I hate cooking a crock pot sounded like the best option :D How weird that your foods dried out, all my failed attempts were too WET and mushy!

      Thanks for stopping by! I'm off to go check out your site now - it sounds like we have alot in common!

      Delete
  9. I think your crockpot creamy chicken looks good! Crockpots are the best! Thanks for linking up with me today!
    -Jennie
    thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting! And yeah it was pretty good hahah ;)

      Delete
  10. I loved Frozen! I think I liked it more than my kids, lol!

    Rekita | Her & Nicole

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe! Yeah, it was a fun movie, glad I finally watched it!

      Delete
  11. I am doing this challenge to!! Loving to see that you are sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome! Yeah, I'm 3 weeks in so far and HOPING to finish the whole thing, but we'll see!

      Delete
  12. I just saw Frozen for the first time too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Cute, right? Let it goooo! Hahah :)

      Delete