Wednesday, April 9, 2014

100 Happy Days - Week 1

Hey friends!

Not too long ago I wrote about how I'd be starting the 100 Happy Days Challenge. I am happy (see what I did there) to say that I've made it through the first week, and I thought it'd be fun to do a little recap post. Double the happy!

I spent most of the week at work or at home. Some might say my photos are boring (that's what makes you happy?!), but I'm ok with that. No ones life is a constant Kodak moment. Especially not mine because I am a hermit homebody. Even so, I don't think that's really the point of the challenge, and what I'm taking from this is to look for the simple pleasures in everyday life. So anyway, here's my week!


Day 1

LEGO mug

This was on the first of the month. That means I had to go pay rent that day, which is not happy at all, but I digress. After that I ran some errands, which included picking up the book I had ordered from the library, Where'd You Go, Bernadette. After some chores, I hung back for the rest of the day, reading and drinking tea in my favorite mug.


Day 2 

Girl Scout Cookies Samoas

On Day 2, I ate Samoas. We all know that Girl Scout cookies are THE  BEST so I think that's all that needs to be said.


Day 3

Monaco: What's Yours is Mine

On Day 3 I played Monaco: What's Yours is Mine with my younger brother, Jesse. It's a video game where you work with your ragtag crew of thieves, being stealthy in order to pull off the perfect heist. It has online co-op, so we can still play together even when we're NOT together. I'm also kind of bad at it; I'm a failure at being sneaky, just like in real life. Luckily it doesn't bother me much. It's a really fun game, but it can get your heart racing REALLY quick! So intense, hahah.


Day 4

Pandemic

On Friday, Andrew and I went to my families house, where we celebrated International Tabletop Day a day early with my two brothers. We played some Munchkin (a group favorite), and later we played Pandemic (not a group favorite, but possibly mine). Pandemic is a really fun game to play as long as you and anyone else playing doesn't mind losing - because there's a good chance you're all going to lose together. That just means you failed at finding a cure for the four diseases taking over the entire world, no big deal.


Day 5
Ghirardelli Square San Francisco

On this day Andrew hopped on the BART to spend the day in San Francisco. In general San Francisco isn't somewhere I like to just "hang out" in, but I admit that it has some great things to do and see. Andrew's family was there for the weekend, so we went to go sight see with them! Our last stop was at Ghirardelli Square, which obviously has delicious chocolate, but also makes amazing ice cream! Next time you're there, don't let the long line scare you - GET SOME ICE CREAM.


Day 6

Xbox 360 Fable III

The next day I dusted off my copy of Fable III. I was particularly happy to be playing it because I hadn't been able to game on the Xbox for so long. Sometime last year it decided to poop out and not read any disks, so it sat around being sad. On a whim I decided to try it out again, and after messing with it for awhile it finally worked! Of course it's still very likely to stop working again, but I'll enjoy it while I can. My favorite part about Fable is that you can choose to be good or evil, while still completing the entire storyline. When I first got this game I played as a heroic prince, this time around I'm an evil princess >:D


Day 7
Raz-Ber-Ita

Ending the week with a drink :) Sorry this one's kind of blurry. I'd been wanting the try the new Lime-a-Rita flavor (Raz-Ber-Ita, hah!) for awhile, but could only find it in cases, and I didn't want to get a whole case. We happened to stop at 7-11 that day, and they had it in cans for $1.99. Score! You can't really tell here, but the cans are huge. Andrew and I split one can, and it was perfect. Although if you want the whole can to yourself I won't judge. If you're into the other Lime-a-Rita flavors, I think you'll like this one. The strawberry one used to be my favorite, but this one beat it. There's also a new mango flavor, but I'm not a mango fan so I haven't tried it.

So that was my week of happy! Has anyone else started this yet? I'd love to see your pictures! Follow along on my Instagram and I'll be sure to follow back, or just leave a comment with your username and I'll check it out! 

15 comments:

  1. Haha, who says photos are boring? :P Those girl scout cookies look amazing! (And thanks for stopping by today :)

    xx
    ~Chantilly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe thanks :) And no problem, thank YOU for hosting!

      Delete
  2. Um your coffee cup is AWESOME!!!

    xoxo, Tara
    www.pookasfamily.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah, thanks! I love it too - but I love everything Lego!

      Delete
  3. Simple pleasures are the best! I love the tea, book and mug combo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do too, just hanging out with a book is one of my favorite things to do :)

      Delete
  4. I never heard of Ghiradellis until my friend brought back this limited edition peppermint bark chocolate square and I fell in love! Happy weekend!

    www.brynaswindow.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you were introduced to the greatness of Ghiradelli! Obviously it's a pretty big deal here in California, hahah. My favorites are the ones with caramel, although around Christmastime they have a pomegranate one that is SO good!

      Delete
  5. I love the idea of this challenge, I've been seeing it pop up all over the place!

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am doing this challenge too!! It's so awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I'll have to go follow you on Instagram then :)

      Delete
  7. Ghirardelli...yum! your photos are fantastic girlfriend. thanks for sharing your challenge. seems to be going great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I'm having alot of fun with this challenge :) I plan to post my week 2 recap later today!

      Delete