Monday, March 24, 2014

I'm not usually one of those people that take pictures of their food


but when a new Boudin opens in town, I am.

I love Boudin. I'm pretty sure we all do, so no surprises there. Carbs4evr.

Boudin Sourdough
In all its glory.

So last month a Boudin opened up in the next town over. This was obviously very big news because 1) Boudin is great and 2) Before that, the closest Boudin was the super legit home base one in San Francisco. That's not tooooooo far, but it's far enough, and going to SF is kind of a pain. So yeah. Good news. The original plan was for Andrew and I to eat there on Valentines Day, because it opened the day before and I wasn't going to wait. I'm not very patient. We got there and it was obviously really packed, and it was clear we'd be waiting forever to get a table. Instead we just bought two loaves of the bread, went to the grocery store to get some brie, and ate it at home. So I didn't get my clam chowder in a bread bowl, but the bread was still as great as I hoped it would be.

Fast forward to yesterday, when my lovely friend was in town. She also loves Boudin and was excited to see the new one, so she treated me to lunch. I finally got my clam chowder in a bread bowl.

It was pretty awesome.

Boudin Sourdough clam chowder
I was coloring a blue crab while I waited!

Sigh.

Andrew was a little jealous, so he gave me some cash flow to buy him a loaf to bring home. We were going to eat it with the spaghetti I was making in the crock pot that day, except it turned out completely inedible. This week I've been really inspired to learn how to cook in a crock pot, and the spaghetti was my very first attempt. If I ever produce something with it that isn't a complete failure, I'll be sure to let you know.

At least we still had great bread to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment