Monday, March 10, 2014

An Epic Quest to Become Cool

South Park: The Stick of Truth

After a long wait and multiple delays, the game South Park: The Stick of Truth finally came out this month! I had been looking forward to it for awhile, and have already finished it (don't look at me like that, I've been a little sick this week and had time on my hands).

If you're not familiar; it's a role-playing video game, which means you get to pick your own character class (I'm a thief!) and there's turn-based fighting. Normally that isn't a type of game to interest me, but for this I wanted to give it another shot. I'm glad I did, because it was waaay too much fun, and the ridiculous storyline was fun to follow. I'm not going to go into alot of detail about the game here; there's already hundreds of reviews about it floating around, but I thought it'd be fun to share some screenshots I took throughout the game.

Note: While these images aren't spoiling any main storyline bits, they're still shots from the game, so if you want the whole thing to be a surprise when you play it, look away!

South Park: The Stick of Truth Commander Douchebag

My characters name wasn't actually Douchebag, but nicknames tend to stick, I guess.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Goths

The goth kids weren't a fan of my Legolas look.

South Park: The Stick of Truth

Going undercover with my girls...

South Park: The Stick of Truth Abortion

...which didn't end that great.

South Park: The Stick of Truth Underpants Gnomes

Underpants Gnomes!

South Park: The Stick of Truth Canada

Canada!

If you already know you're not a South Park fan, give this one a pass, this game isn't going to change your mind. Otherwise I definitely recommend this game! Hahah. Please don't get this for your kids though, you'll look like a shitty parent and people will look down on you. There were parts that even grossed me out. True story: my not-so-little brother (16) watches the show a little, here and there, and thought this game might be fun. Before playing, I didn't really think it could be worse than the show, but...that's just not true. Now I am 100% sure I wouldn't want him playing it - and I wanted to buy him Saints Row for Christmas, so that's saying something :(

So there's my not-review of South Park: The Stick of Truth. You can play it on PS3, Xbox 360, and Windows. Like I said, it just came out, so if you head over to a store to buy it it'll cost you about $60. For PC you can grab it on Steam (same price), or wait until the summer sale - I have a good feeling it'll make it to at least 50% off. Or you can do what I did and coughtorrentcough.

But you didn't hear that from me.

2 comments:

  1. Winnepeg!!! An hour? from Baudette!! (last picture). Oh, and awesome 16-yr. old brother !

    ReplyDelete