Sunday, March 30, 2014

100 Happy Days

Hello, hello!

Recently I was shown something pretty neat, and so I come with a very important question.

100 Happy Days


Have you heard of the 100 Happy Days challenge? I just recently found out about it, and I think it sounds like a great idea. Like many of us, I'm not always focusing on the positives in life as much as I should be. Sometimes I don't appreciate it, or take notice of the great little things in life, and sometimes I'm just downright depressed. Either way that's not really ok. Taking the time to notice something you love everyday is so important.


100 Happy Days


So that's why I'll be starting this challenge on April 1st! Yaaayayay!

Basically all you have to do is register on the site (or not, you don't actually have to, but it helps), and then start taking a picture of one thing that makes you happy, every day, for 100 days. It looks like most people are doing this on Instagram (that's where I'll be), but I've also seen some tumblr users doing it too! Tag or hashtag you photo with #100happydays so others can follow along! Or not! If you want to keep it as a personal log for yourself that's cool too. Don't be discouraged if you think you'll be taking what others see as a "boring" picture. This is all about YOU! If that glazed doughnut you're having for breakfast makes you happy, take a picture of your doughnut, dammit! I will be posting doughnuts right along with you (actually, I don't eat many doughnuts, but you get it).

Here's what you can expect to see in my upcoming "happy" photos:

1. Food
2. Games
3. More food
4. Crafty stuff
5. Theatre stuff
6. Booky stuff
7. ...other stuff! Who knows. We'll see ;)

As you can see, food is really important to me. Hahah.

I would love to hear from more people doing this. If you want to follow along with me, you can find my Instagram through the button on the right, under my bio thingy.

Hopefully I'll see you there!

22 comments:

  1. #family, #reading, #riding in the car with the windows down

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. #not riding in the car with the windows down, but yeah something like that! Hahah.

      Delete
  2. This sounds like a marvelous idea. I was wondering why I saw that tag pop a few times. Do you have to do it every day consecutively, or just 100 days in total. I might try this starting tomorrow!

    Brittney

    Another Beautiful Thing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I started mine today :) The "rules" say to do it every day in a row, to make every single day special! But like I said it's totally about you, so I think whatever makes you happy is best! I mean it's no fun if you're feeling forced to take a picture every day, hahah! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. You'll def be a better person if you are happy for 100 days straight!! I am happy most of the time, but not 100% all day.. I have a 2 yr old.. LOL I'm just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm trying! Hahah. But I think "most of the time" is pretty good! ;)

      Delete
  4. Hmm..... I really like this idea. Not sure if finding one thing a day would be enough to make me happy all day long, but it sure wouldn't hurt! I think I'll look into it some more and talk to my husband about it tonight--maybe he'd like to join me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, it doesn't make me happy ALL day (nor do I expect it to), but it is nice to take a moment to appreciate the wonderful little things in life :) That would be awesome if you both joined in - I'll make sure to check it out!

      Delete
  5. Fun! I will try to remember to post my "happy" each day ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm only on day 3 so far, but its been fun! I'm not great at remembering to do things every day though, so I know what you mean, hahahah.

      Delete
  6. Great post! We should all find ways to be happy every day. Looking forward to seeing more!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spread the love! Can you imagine if everyone (or half of everyone) did this? The world would be forever changed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I literally just saw this on Facebook and was super curious, hearing you talk about it makes me want to do it! Being the natural pessimist (I like to refer to it as being a realist) it takes some effort for me to just be HAPPY. I'm off to check it out some more, thanks! P.S. Thanks so much for linking up with The Collective for April, followed back on bloglovin' and hope to see you back for May!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I also tend to be very pessimistic, that's why I'm doing to it too! Hahah ;)

      Delete
  9. So THAT'S what this 100 days of happy thing I've been seeing is about? I think I should partake in this!

    Esta Fiesta

    livingfiesta.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think you should, too! Although I'm a little biased, hahah ;)

      Delete