Sunday, February 23, 2014

Makin' Stuff on a Sunday

Today while watching About a Boy on Hulu, I decided to make another bracelet. I think 95% of the jewelry I make is bracelets. I don't know. Anyway...I saw this tutorial and got going. I think I fudged a couple of the steps - I didn't actually read all the directions and figured I'd wing it, but it turned out ok, I guess. 


Leather Lace Bracelet


The teal is leather lace. I have a big spool of it laying around, so while my first choice wouldn't have been teal, already having it wins over buying more. The grey-ish is embroidery floss, which is wrapped around your standard ball link chain.

Instead of making a new charm like in the tutorial, I used one I already had. I was given this earth charm during a woman's church retreat I went on years ago. I used to keep it on a necklace I often wear, but long story short I had to take it off, and now it has a new home on this bracelet :)

8 comments:

  1. The teal leather strapping came from Scraps. You never know what you will find there! We should go back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really neat! Wish I could do stuff like that. My hands shake too much. hehehe My granddaughters make me things like that though which is so nice even if I like it or not :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! My hands get shakey sometimes too hahah. I'll get frustrated during a project, put it down and come back the next day ;)

      Delete
  3. This is really nice! I wish i was this crafty:) whenever I try to do cute stuff like this it doesn't come out this nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awe, thanks! Believe me, I'm not always so crafty. My fingers aren't too nimble and I gave up on this, only to pick it up again the next day hahah.

      Delete
  4. I love that bracelet you made! I wish I was that crafty!

    Lauren,
    http://www.atouchofsoutherngrace.com/

    ReplyDelete