Monday, February 17, 2014

A Short Fitness Update


Hello hello!

So last month when I wrote about my experiences in January, I mentioned how I started using an app called Noom, and was on a mission to lose weight. I'm happy to say I'm still on this journey and things aren't going too bad! I guess this sounds silly to alot of people. There's like a million fitness blogs/tumbrs/instagrams out there, and here I am learning how big a serving is and patting myself on the back for it. But you know what? That's ok. I decided I needed to lose weight, and yeah it's embarrassing, but sometimes you need to take baby steps. For a long time I didn't really have to worry much about my weight; then I turned twenty and my metabolism just decided it was done. So here I am. I've always been big on the exercising part of fitness, but I never paid much attention to diet, other than eat your fruits and veggies. Way to be an adult, huh? Hahah.

Anyway, I've been learning a LOT and have gotten much better (not perfect), at making smart eating choices. Even if I don't meet my weight loss goals, I'm proud of myself for learning something new (always keep learning!!!), making better decisions for myself, and most of all for not giving up, because this shit is hard, and honestly it isn't very fun. Its also been a little time consuming. I guess that's why they call it a lifestyle change.





Now for the big question, how much weight have I lost? In three weeks and three days, I've lost 8lbs! Yeah! Here's what I found interesting. A couple days ago I found that you can adjust how slowly/quickly it plans your weight loss on Noom (I told you, I'm new!). Before that I hadn't even thought about how much it was aiming for me to lose each week, and turned out its set goal was 1lb a week. My first week I lost 5lbs! It made me think of The Biggest Loser, how they always pull the big numbers on the first week and flounder on the second? That's how I felt, just less extreme (hah). On my second week I lost 2lbs, and last week I lost 1lb. That's 5 more than my set goal was! Not a bad start at all, I say! Obviously my weight will start dropping progressively slower (as you can see its already started), but any change at all makes me happy. Hopefully posting about all of this won't jinx anything, hahah.

So that's me, lately. I suppose this post isn't as fun or interesting as my others, but this is a big part of my life right now and I wanted to share :)

No comments:

Post a Comment