Tuesday, January 14, 2014

After Years of Want


...I bought this bag.

But first, a confession. Back in 2012, after seeing this bag in this outfit post on The Dainty Squid, I immediately fell in love and knew I had to have one someday. The bag featured (which she got for free; SO much blog envy!) is from a company called Jump From Paper and costs $99.00. Ouch. I can't afford to throw that much money at a bag, so I went to Ebay, and I saw it. What looked to be the exact same bag, for $8.00. Except it wasn't the exact same bag. It was a knockoff from China. I had a moral dilemma for a minute here, but ended up buying it anyway. The measurements on both bags are the same, but I'm sure the quality of mine is far below the original. When I can, I'll definitely buy an original. Until then, here we are...

2D bag
I had to use my webcam, and for that I am sorry.

Isn't it fun? In the picture it's laying almost flat against my leg. It's like I borrowed a bag from a cartoon character! The colors are brighter in person, but, you know, webcams. I thought I'd share some info on how it works and how much it holds, because I know I had those questions, too.

The dimensions are 12.5" width x 10.8 height x 0.8". So it's pretty slim. But then there's a zipper on the bottom, expanding it to a little over 3". Still not a LOT of room, but it's not bad. It'd make a nice laptop bag if your laptop is small, or a netbook.

I used a real camera for these!

If you plan on using it as a purse (like me), you'll have to play a little Tetris. It's not hard, and if you're into it then it's totally worth it. I fit a good amount of things inside. I emptied mine out to give you a legit visual, minus all the receipts and cough drop wrappers (can you BELIEVE I'm sick again?!)

Nook (with hardback case), wristlet wallet, keys, pen, cough drops, makeup bag, small planner, three lip thingies.

Not too bad, right? Pictured is more or less what I carry for normal days out, like running errands or whatever. For a day trip I'd probably bring a bag that's a bit roomier and easier to put things in/pull things out, though.

So there ya go. What do you think? I'm in love with it! The quality is good (but will someday be even better wink), and it's really fun to carry around. Haaappy happy happy.

3 comments:

  1. I too liked that bag when she posted about it..it looks so cartoonish! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! It's so much fun to carry around. Sometimes I get funny looks, but oh well ;)

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the purse even more in person.

    ReplyDelete