Monday, November 4, 2013

Life Lately (a rambling post with pictures)

Heeeyo

Things have been busy around here, so I've been pretty tired/stressed/overworked/drinking all the coffee. Fun times! I'm gonna ramble about a couple things, which I will group into a few categories.

Work

I don't know if I mentioned it or not, but I work as a technician in a performance art theatre. Whenever we're in the middle of a show run things are ALWAYS stressful. Each time I try to convince myself I'm going to be smarter about it and try to make it easier on myself somehow, but I never do. I just drink alot of coffee and eat shit food. Anyway, next weekend is our closing weekend of the musical "Gypsy." It's not my favorite, but it's a pretty fun show.

My favorite number in it is the very last one, called "Rose's Turn." You spend most of the show hating this mother, Rose, and even though her actions were wrong, by the end of the song you can't help but feel for her, as shes been left all alone, thinking about her own dreams she never fulfilled. Check it out (at least for the quick look at Hugh Jackman's hair) - you can skip to 1:50 to get straight to the song, but the first two minutes give a little background on the show if you're curious.



Or, if this is more your thing, I found out they did a rendition of the song on Glee! I don't watch Glee, but I like the idea behind it.

Halloween

I hope everyone had a great Halloween! Mine was pretty low-key, but it was fun. The night before we had some friends over to pre-game...so we watched a bunch of episodes of "Are you Afraid of the Dark?" while drinking dranks and eating chips. I had no idea that show was on for SEVEN seasons? I guess you don't pay attention to those type of things when you're a kid. On the actual eve of Halloween, The Yeti and I went to my families house to play games and pass out candy (we never get any trick-or-treaters at our apartment). So after dinner I threw on my favorite panda onesie and gave out chocolates to little super heroes and Disney princesses.



You can tell The Yeti didn't get into it as much, but it's ok because I took care of it....*side eye*

Semi on-topic, we watched V/H/S/2 yesterday. I liked it much better than the first one, but I'm not ready to go tell everyone to watch it. But I will say I thought the videos were alot more creative this time around! I particularly liked "A Ride in the Park" and "Safe Haven."

Other Stuff
I got another really fun box in the mail from Influenster, so I'll be writing about that soon! Here's a little peek! So far I've only tried out the Gradation nail polishes, and I loooooooooooooveeee them.

Influenster Rose Voxbox

Sooo that's me lately :)

No comments:

Post a Comment