Sunday, August 4, 2013

Under the Sea Necklace

Recently I went to Michaels and bought these and these sets of charms (I'm really into aquatic life). Originally I had planned on using them to make a charm bracelet. When I got home, The Yeti said, "Why don't you ever make necklaces? You have so many bracelets." He was right. Then I started thinking, what if I made a charm necklace instead? I'd been seeing them around on blogs and stuff, but never thought of making my own. I figured I'd try it out; if I didn't like it I'd take it apart and start over (I do that alot). I did some Google searching for inspirations, and I found this! The blue heart on the left side reminds me of the blue diamond from Titanic, heheh.


Which I thought was really neat (Betsey Johnson, btw!), but x100 too busy for me. I like things to be pretty simple, almost to the point of boring. Anyway, with a little inspiration from Betsey, I made this:


The octopus and sea dragon charms are my favorite :) 

The little fish beads I already had laying around, and decided to add them in. I had to make my own makeshift headpins for them, which I hadn't done before, but I think it turned out ok.

1 comment: