Friday, May 3, 2013

DIY Fishtail Bracelets

In my primary line of work I do a lot of "hurry up and wait." So I'll be there for eight hours, but might end up spending half of it sitting around. During times like those I like to bring simple (requiring few items, minimal mess making) projects to keep me busy. Most recently I've been making fishtail bracelets, after finding this tutorial on I Spy DIY. Here's how mine turned out :)

DIY fishtail bracelets
I promise if people ever start to read my blog I'll invest in a better camera.

Instead of using cord like she does in the tutorial I decided to use embroidery floss. I like the look of stacked bracelets, but personally I think it looks nicer when they're more on the slim side, also I thought floss would give them a cleaner look. Annnd because each color of floss only costs 60 cents for 8 1/2 yards. You may notice I used different connectors too, because...well, because I already had them around. Here's the tutorial:

I Spy DIY Fishtail Bracelets


2 comments:

  1. Agree. I like the embroidery floss better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Too bad using floss takes way longer, hahah.

      Delete